Canada’s Got Talent Series 1 Application Form
Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions relate to your application to participate in a talent search competition being filmed for a series of television programs provisionally entitled Canada’s Got Talent and any related programs (collectively, the “Program”), being developed by Talented Canada Productions Inc. (“Producer”) for Rogers Media Inc. (“Rogers”) and FremantleMedia Limited (“Fremantle”).
2. You are not eligible to apply to appear in this Program if you are an employee or a close relation of an employee of Producer, Rogers, Fremantle or any parent, subsidiary or associated company.
3. Your application must be in the form of a video. By uploading your video, you are signifying your agreement to these terms and conditions and consenting to your video being used for the purposes related to Canada’s Got Talent. If you do not accept any of these terms and conditions do not upload your video. Producer reserves the right to disregard any video that in Producer’s opinion fails to meet these terms and conditions.
4. Your video must be no longer than 2 minutes, and the file should be no larger than 300MB in size. Videos are only accepted in the following file types: avi, mp4, mov, flv, mpeg, mpg, wmv, 3g2, 3gp.
5. Your video must have been recorded within the last 2 months, and must not be edited, distorted or enhanced in any way.
6. Please ensure that you are the only person featured in the video or, for group applications, that only members of the group as named in your application form are featured, and that you have the consent of all group members to upload the video and for Producer, Rogers and Fremantle to use the video. You acknowledge that the contents of your video will not be considered confidential.
7. If you are under 18 years of age please get the consent of your parents or legal guardians before uploading your video. If you are submitting a group video featuring anybody under the age of 18 please ensure you have the consent of their parents or legal guardians before uploading the video.
8. Please ensure your audition is not accompanied by a backing track or any other music, live or recorded. Videos featuring music will be disregarded.
9. Your video must not contain any material that is in any way defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, offensive or inappropriate or that infringes the rights of any third party. You also agree not to advertise or promote third parties’ or your own goods or services in your video.
10. You agree not to endanger yourself or others, or take any unnecessary risks in order to produce or make your video.
11. By uploading your video you hereby grant Producer an exclusive, irrevocable, licence to use, edit, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, make available and display all or part of your video (including but not limited to your performance) without charge by any medium or method now known or later invented including without limitation online or on television, to be exercised in their sole discretion throughout the world in perpetuity. As this licence is exclusive, you are agreeing that only Producer may use your video so please don’t upload it anywhere else. You agree that Producer may permit others to copy and use your video for their own purposes. You agree to waive and confirm that the director of your video and any other group members in your video have waived, any moral rights that may exist in relation to your video.
12. You are responsible for the content of your video. You promise that you are fully authorized and entitled to upload the video in accordance with these terms and conditions, and that in doing so you will not infringe the copyright or other rights of any third party or infringe any applicable laws or regulations. You promise that you have all necessary licences, rights, permissions and consents to enable you to upload the video and to authorize Producer to use, and to allow others to use, the video. You agree to give Producer evidence of such licences, rights, consents, and permissions if requested by Producer. You also agree not to transfer files that contain viruses or other harmful programs.
13. Producer may accept or reject your video in its sole discretion. Nothing in these terms guarantees that Producer will use or display your video.
14. The information given by you in your application may be used in the Program should you be selected to participate further in the selection process and/or the Program.
How We Use Your Data
You can also contact: email@example.com
16. To the extent any personal data is shared with Rogers and/or Producer, their policies (Citytv.com ) will apply to their use of your personal data. If you have ticked the relevant box on the application form, then Fremantle may also use the contact details provided to let you know about other television programs being produced which may be of interest to you.
17. If you have any questions regarding such use of your personal information or if you would like to update your information because your details have changed, please send an e-mail to Privacy@rci.rogers.com or contact the Chief Privacy Officer in writing at Rogers Group of Companies, 333 Bloor Street East, Toronto, Ontario M4W 1G9.
18. You acknowledge and agree to abide by the rules, regulations, terms and conditions for this competition as determined by Producer (the “Rules“) and you acknowledge that the Rules may be changed (including without limitation verbally) at any time by Producer in its sole discretion. Producer’s decisions regarding all elements of the application process, the competition and the Program will be final and binding.
20. Applications can be made online at Citytv.com. Online Applications close at 23:59 [PT] on September 19th, 2021 or at such other date and time as Producer may elect and as stated on Citytv.com or any other promotion.
21. Producer reserves the right to introduce other application methods in its sole discretion and the closing dates for such methods will be as stated in the relevant promotion.
22. Producer, its agents and sub-contractors do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any online applications, telephone networks, line, system, server, provider or otherwise that may result in any applications not being properly received.
23. Any applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
24. The completion of an application does not guarantee that an applicant will receive an audition or participate in the Program.
25. Applicants may be selected and invited to attend a video meeting/interview (“audition”) at a time and location to be decided at the sole discretion of Producer whose decision will be final and binding.
26. Applicants who are not available for a first round audition may still be considered for a second round audition on the basis of their application at the sole discretion of Producer whose decision will be final and binding.
27. Acts may be invited to apply for the Program by researchers acting on behalf of Producer. Such acts will be required to apply on the same basis as any other applicant and normal program Rules will apply.
28. If you are under 18 years of age and you are invited to an audition, you must be accompanied by your parents or legal guardians at the audition. Proof of age will be required at the audition.
29. If you are invited to attend an audition you hereby irrevocably grant all consents necessary for Producer to film and record the audition and to use recordings featuring your image and/or voice in and in connection with the Program and/or ancillary rights in the Program and to exploit the same in all media throughout the world in perpetuity without the need for payment to you.
30. Should you be selected to take part in the Program you agree and undertake to enter into further contracts with Producer and you agree to abide by the terms of those contracts.
Representations and Warranties
31. You hereby represent and warrant that you have the right to be in Canada, perform in the Program and take up any related prize and/or prize agreement and are able to demonstrate such right on request by Producer at any time and you agree to notify Producer immediately of any change in your immigration or residency status.
32. You hereby represent and warrant that all personal details and/or information given in your application either in this form or otherwise (including in any audition) are truthful, accurate and in no way misleading.
33. Producer reserves the right to disqualify you if you have supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information, have failed to abide by the Rules and/or are in breach of the terms of this agreement.
34. You will not without Producer’s prior written consent disclose, publish or discuss with any third party any information relating to the Program, your appearance in the Program, the production team or any participants in the Program nor any other information that may come to your attention including without limitation in relation to Fremantle, Rogers, Producer or otherwise, except where such information is already in the public domain.
35. You must disclose to Producer details of any convictions (other than for minor driving offences) in addition to any charges that have been brought against you that are still pending. You shall notify Producer immediately if there are any criminal charges brought against you or if any information you provide in your application becomes inaccurate between now and the date of first transmission of the Program.